Hi, my name is Alan...and I'm an Altec addict.
I thought these a pretty good deal. He originally had them with a $2300 BIN, but no one bit. I got them for $1125 with cabs and n1600 XOs. Bill has already reconed them. The title says 604D, but the copy says 604Cs. Not much difference that I can discern.
These might be the bedroom speakers, or when all this Altec dust settles, I might just end up keeping it very simple and just using these with my little 300B monoblocks and that's it. Should be heavenly.
Pair of Altec 604D and N1600 Crossovers | eBay
FWIW: the A6s sound great, but I have a major suckout at 100Hz. Also, I'm thinking that the 288/MR564IIs are not imaging as well as the 802G/811s in the 9' listening distance in my LR. I'm hearing sound from the speakers, not the "sound stage". Multicells might make a difference. That's the way I heard them originally in my friends small LR.
Also, nothing below 50Hz. Need subs if these are to be mains. Then again I would likely have the same scenario with the 515Bs in the 828s. But a little sweeter, I'm guessing.









Bookmarks